The Frostburg, George’s Creek, LaVale, South Cumberland, Washington Street and Westernport libraries have rooms available for community use. Community rooms include Meeting Rooms and Study Rooms.
Users of Library Community Rooms must comply with the following guidelines:
1. Community Room reservation requests must be made in advance.
2. Unless reserved for a scheduled activity, Community Rooms are open and available for use on a "first come- first served" basis during normal operating hours.
3. The Library Community Rooms are intended for and may only be reserved by nonprofit, service, and community groups, organizations, and individuals. The direct sale of materials and services is prohibited. Study Rooms may be reserved for use by private tutors or others working directly with students.
4. Library Community Rooms are not intended for use as the primary site of a profit, nonprofit, or church corporate enterprise.
5. No products or services may be advertised, solicited, or sold. However, at the discretion of the Library Director, the following will be permissible at library initiated programs:
a. Fund raising to benefit the Library and sponsored by the Friends of the Library or other library-related groups.
b. The sale of books or other items by authors or artists as part of a library program.
6. Library activities and programs have priority for room use.
7. Users may not disrupt or interrupt an ongoing event or program to set-up for their event.
8. Room capacity is governed by Fire Code regulations.
9. Audio-visual equipment may be available to borrow from the library for use in the Community Room.
10. Community Room users are responsible for re-arranging the meeting rooms and kitchenettes to their standard configuration at the end of their meeting.
11. Library facilities may not be used to store material or equipment.
12. Alcoholic beverages are not permitted on library property. Smoking is not permitted.
13. Upon adequate notice, the library reserves the right to withdraw permission for the use of any Community Room.
14. At the discretion of the library, a Community Room reservation may be canceled due to unanticipated building or weather conditions.
15. Neither the name nor the address of the library may be used as the official address or headquarters of an organization.
16. The use of a Community Room of the Allegany County Library System does not imply endorsement of the purpose or activities of a group, organization, or individual.
17. Meetings must coincide with the normal operating hours of the library location.
18. All organizations or persons using the meeting rooms must adhere to all Allegany County Library System Policies. Violation may result in cancellation of future or in-progress activities.
19. Community Room reservation requests may be made up to 6 months in advance.
20. Community Room reservation requests are not guaranteed and will be accommodated on a first come first served basis.
21. All Community Room reservation request will be reviewed for appropriateness and the registrant will be notified by email to confirm the reservation.
Allegany County Library Board of Trustees
Allegany County Library System
Community (Meeting) Room Use Policy
Effective June 2001
Revised September 2006
Revised August 2012
Revised October 2012